Relationship Support Specialist (RSS)
Job Type: Full-Time
FocusPoint Solutions is a customizable, total back office outsource solution for Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and independent advisors. We are more than just a system though. We’ve been supporting fee-only RIAs, hybrid advisors, and advisors seeking to transition from commissions to fees for more than 20 years. FocusPoint is dedicated to providing premium services and partnership to independent advisors at fair prices, helping them achieve real results and the businesses they’ve always wanted.
Our Relationship Support Specialist is responsible for assisting the service department at our company provide operational and client support functions for financial advisors.
- Respond to service requests in a timely manner
- Work with Custodians to resolve issues or questions for advisors and/or Relationship Managers
- Process custodial paperwork with accuracy and timeliness
- Verify that information and paperwork submitted to Custodian(s) received from advisors are accurately processed
- Set up new accounts and maintain existing account information in our company’s portfolio management system
- Obtain and format various reports for Relationship Managers to provide to advisors
- Assist Relationship Managers with billing and billing maintenance to ensure accuracy and timeliness for advisors
- Assist Relationship Managers with trading activities on accounts
- Assist management and team with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a high school degree. Bachelor’s degree in finance or business related fields preferred.
- Minimum 2 year of experience in a professional office in a customer service role, preferably in finance or investment related fields
- Must have computer skills with proficiency on software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Must be flexible and able to quickly learn new procedures and methods
- Dependable and a team player who can maintain confidentiality and work independently
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively contribute to group requirements
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Ability to use tact in dealing with others to maintain effective working relationships with other employees and clients