Why Wait? Map Your Route Now!
If you’ve been thinking about forming your own RIA, you already know it’s a journey which will require your time, careful planning, and commitment. But don’t let that hold you back…just ask advisors who chose to go through the process whether it was worthwhile. Their typical, resounding response: “Yes!”
For over 16 years, the experienced team at FocusPoint Solutions has worked alongside dozens of advisors, guiding them along the path to independence. The biggest regret we hear from advisors who finally made the move to the RIA business model? They wish they had done it sooner.
While every firm is unique, we have found the following to be true of advisor transitions to independence:
- If you prepare properly—making time to create a solid route map beforehand and then sticking to it—you should realistically be able to complete your transition in just a few months.
- Making the move to an RIA is a truly exciting opportunity to redesign your business, update your brand, and be more selective about the clients you serve.
- Your clients will echo your energy, passion, and confidence as you communicate with them about your new business model.
- Surrounding yourself with an experienced network of professionals (like FocusPoint offers) to customize your transition plan, then walk with you through the process, will help you anticipate what to expect and when to expect it. This partnership and support increases the likelihood you’ll be less frustrated, more satisfied, and enjoy a higher level of successful.
- A good support team can help you through—and possibly even take off your plate—many potential hurdles such as client paperwork, compliance resources, operational processes, and technology details.
- If you’re eager to form your own RIA but your options are currently limited, a bridge RIA (a tuck-in/corporate solution that can take you one step closer to where you ultimately want to go) may be a great choice for you.